Simply put, automating your employee onboarding process using SharePoint saves money
Employees are vital to any organization. However, the process of bringing an employee into an organization is often frustrating for the employee and unproductive for the employer. It is not uncommon for employees to wait one or two weeks for a phone, a computer, network logons or even security access cards. Implementing an Employee Onboarding Software system to automate the Onboarding process is a sure way of reducing costs.
Building a business case to implement Employee Onboarding Software is simple and savings can include:
· A reduction in the unproductive time typically experienced in a new hire
· Reduced IT effort and improved security with automatic account creation
· Reduced administration and coordination effort required by the HR department
· Improve speed and accuracy of data collection with reduced duplication errors
· Ensured process compliance, accountability and visibility
The table below shows expected cost savings based on conservative estimates derived from independent research.
Company Size (Employees)
Savings per hire=$1,200 (employee turnover rate=10%)
|Payback Period of our solution|
The SharePoint Employee Onboarding Solution Template
Our SharePoint Onboarding Solution Template is built using proven software and it is highly configurable to suit your process and form template needs.
- Customizable form templates uses Microsoft's Office Infopath Technology
- Centralised electronic task management with notifications and escalations
- Graphical real-time process status with reporting and auditing
- Delegation of authority with Out of Office capability and delegation
- Automated Active Directory user account creation
Involve Business Users to Configure the Employee Onboarding Software and Templates from Day One
The software and templates already provides the process administration and infrastructure aspects such as security models, auditing, reports and task administration. It therefore allows organizations to startworking on business problem immediately and invite business users to participate in interactive workshops where process and form templates can be changed. This is done by dragging and dropping business activities and change business rules to meet their needs.
Process Administration can also be delegated to the business users allowing them to add and modify security permissions, set Out of Office and nominate substitutes, reassign work or move it to another step in the process.
The Drag & Drop designer allows changes to be made to the onboarding process template with version control and roll back capabilities.
Familiar Microsoft Office Interface
Our Employee Onboarding solution accelerator leverages technology most organizations already own, such technology includes the popular Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) which provide the familiar Microsoft Office look and feel thereby greatly reducing or even eliminating any end user training required. SharePoint is used to provide a single and consistent access point allowing users to access all aspects of the solution.This includes:
- Submitting a new employee onboarding request
- Viewing process status and statistical reports
- Drill down audit trail reports
- Identifying process bottlenecks or evaluating user performance by task
- Change threshold levels of business rules
- Perform process administration functions
- Filter, sort or export line of business data in list based views
Employee Onboarding Form Template
Reporting and Tracking Features
Our Onboarding Software Solution has real time reporting capabilities which can pinpoint the status of any requests. It is also possible to produce customized lists containing process information allowing users to apply filters or export into Excel for further manipulation or reporting.
Out of the box reports include:
- Process Statistics Report (bottleneck Identification)
- Process Information Report
- Process Instances Report
- User PerformanceProcess Information showing (Audit trails)
- Graphical ViewFlow report showing the actual path followed
The ViewFlow report is shown above. GREEN=Path followed, RED=Path not taken and BLUE indicates the step in progress of the employee onboarding process.
Improve Productivity with Measurable Results
Rich historical data can be collected from solutions that are in production. The out the box statistical reports can be used to identify process bottlenecks. These reports can be used by HR managers to identify productivity improvements areas based on quantitative data. Once these areas are identified, escalations or other process improvements can be applied with measurable results.
The Onboarding Software records statistics for all steps of the Onboarding Process
System Requirements for Onboarding Software Installation
- SharePoint 2007 (any version) for the onboarding site template
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft InfoPath or InfoPath Forms Services for the onboarding Template
For pricing and deliverables, please click here